Monday, August 2, 2010

My Package Gets Noticed



Folks, as you know, I'm pimping my book (Tune in Tokyo: The Gaijin Diaries, available on Amazon here) in immoral and disgusting ways that my mother would frown upon. Thankfully, mom doesn't read this blog and rarely ventures out into the smutty online world of tumblrs and 4chans and whatever else. (Btw, what's a tumblr? And who is 4chan?) She usually only reads the daily devotional/Obama-is-a-secret-Muslin forwarded emails she receives in the email, so I can freely do whatever it takes to get some notice from the seemingly impervious media machines of NYC without fear that something embarrassing I've done will pop up on mom's newsfeed.

Well, I'm happy to report that my idiocy has paid off, sort of, in a way, fleetingly. A week ago I sent a review copy of the book to NYC's The L Magazine and, even though I didn't pay the extra money at the post office to receive confirmation of delivery, I got something so much better: the magazine posted a picture of my big package on their site, with a link to my blog. It tickled them! If you've clicked through from the the L, welcome! It's so nice to have visitors who have come here for something other than pictures of dudes in Speedos or nude photos of Patrick Wilson. (Don't click on those links, they're exhausted.)

Now I'm just waiting for Michiko Kakutani from the New York Times to follow the L's lead...

No comments: