Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hell's Freezing Over Dept: Tune in Tokyo Makes the Kindle Top 10 List!


Folks, this great nation is just going to hell, is it not? I mean, look at this Kindle Top 10 List: The Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy Bundle at #9 and then some depraved piece of idiocy like my book Tune in Tokyo: The Gaijin Diaries charting even higher, at #8? Good Lord, save us from ourselves!

This is just insane. TiT was the Kindle Daily Deal yesterday, which is why it went Top 10--even making it as high as #5, according to Publishers Weekly--but today it is back at its regular price and as of a few minutes ago it's still at #10! At first I thought there must be some mistake, but Amazon robots don't make mistakes. They are all-knowing, like Stephen Hawking or Suzanne Somers. So it must be really happening. Also, here's something to look at:






I just had to place that there for posterity, because at one point yesterday I was #8 on the Kindle list!!

Just so you know, this will not change me in the slightest. I am the same boy who eats his chicken deep-fried and dipped in Nutella that you've known for however long you've known me.

6 comments:

Misha said...

Just wanted to leave a note saying that I bought your book in January when it was $1.99 for the Kindle and quickly subscribed to your blog.

Awesome job on making the Kindle list!

Misha said...

I bought your book in January when it was on the $1.99 list and very quickly subscribed to your blog. It's awesome knowing that waiters from The Rockford (my favorite Raleigh dinner joint!) can make the Kindle list.

Keep up the awesome work!

maryb said...

I think I actually paid full price for your book and after reading it, I subscribed to your blog too. Loved the book so much!

Kyla said...

I just finished Tune in Tokyo. Great book, and I love you more than maryb does!

Unknown said...

As one of the daily dealers, I wanted to let you know that I'd totally pay full price for your book. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing your story!!

Tim Anderson said...

thanks, y'all! tell all your friends, i need rent money!