Monday, March 28, 2011

Camera Phone Horror



My sister and I recently went with our mom to Asheville, NC to celebrate her 71st birthday (my mom's, not my sister's), and we had a blast. Asheville is a beautiful city, picturesque and poetic, and it simply demands to be photographed. So obviously you're all dying to see pictures of the inside of a few shops, no? Allow me to take you on a tour of a few hilarious/terrifying shops (actually, one shop and one shoppe) we visited so mom could browse through figurines and stuff, which she's currently in the market for more of (she's always in the market for more figurines).

'Tis the season for bunnies dressed in their best spring threads, which in this case were stitched from your Aunt Sadie's bedspread.


Mom always loved your Aunt Sadie's bedspread.


A terrifying Easter Bunny ornament for your Easter Tree.


A Christmas ornament based on that scary Christmas ornament you used to dream about.


This is the expression Santa has when he doesn't like the cookies you leave him.


Watership Down meets Holly Hobbie.


Well, I guess I know what I'll be dreaming about later.


This is another shop we found, one with a reverence for the olden days when the world had a surplus of the letter e.


(Shudder)


I think this is the point in the browsing when I got a headache and had to sit down.


Wait, is that Gandalf in the back?


There is a great deal of pathos in this photo.


So much tinsel.


Mom needed a bear.


Because f*ck traveling in a sleigh.



Mom got a bear.



No comments: