Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Movie Poster Critique: Orphan



This movie poster tells a story, a story of a freakish evil witch-child who in just about a second is going to suck the soul right out of your nostrils. Oh it will happen. Better look away.

I'd say this poster is just about perfect. I want to see the movie. I want to know what this crazy dead-eyed brat of the damned named Esther is going to get up to. How many lives will she ruin? How many kindly old ladies will she torture? How many innocent children will she frame for murder? These are the serious questions that this movie poster poses.

The only thing I would change is the little catchphrase at the bottom--"Can you keep a secret?" That's pretty lame. I would delete that and insert "Her pigtails will eat you."

1 comment:

jimmy said...

It would be more scary if she had a unibrow.