Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jukebox: Cazwell



There are many reasons to love Ru Paul's Drag Race. It is basically the Platonic ideal of a reality show: perfectly paced, endlessly quotable, addictive as hell, and guest judges like Cloris Leachman and smokin' Henry Rollins. There is no more that you need from a reality show than a bunch of drag queens stampeding and fighting over a cart of wigs. There just isn't.

But one of the biggest reasons I love the show is because it introduced me to this awesome song, "I Seen Beyonce at Burger King" and to the gay Eminem brainchild behind it, Cazwell. Most of his songs are pretty filthy ("All Over Your Face," for example), but this one is fun for the whole family. Have your children sing it at the playground!

1 comment:

Joseph Frankmor said...

Goddamn Rupaul's Drag Race is indeed addictive. Can't wait for season 3, but at least I'll have this strange Drag U show to entertain me soon.

One of my favorite music discoveries from the show was in s2 when they mentioned Bebe's single 'I'm the Shit' I was amused.