Monday, March 26, 2012

Holy Crap, Tune in Tokyo Hit #1 on Amazon UK's Kindle List!



Wow, this was a surprise for the ages. I'm big in England! Or rather, I was fleetingly big in England last Thursday. By the time I found out about it on Friday I was down to #6 and I've been dropping ever since. (Right now I'm #85.) Still, being #1 on this list means I was, for a short time, ahead of Hunger Games! What is the world coming to? I don't even kill any children with a bow and arrow in my book. (Next one, maybe?)

How did it happen? Apparently TiT was a "Daily Deal" or something last week, chosen by the Kindle editors. So it was discounted somewhat. And people love cheap things, especially British people, because powdered wigs are expensive. So hooray for e-coupons or whatever!

3 comments:

Plumes said...

Hi Tim, i'm British and cheap so I bought your book on the daily deal. I'm glad I did - I kept having to put it down just so it would last longer!

Tim Anderson said...

@Sarah: I'm so glad you liked it! I'm also cheap, so we would make perfect dinner dates for each other. there's a great hot dog stand near my office, so the next time you're in NYC gimme a shout and i'll splurge for the both of us!

Lauren-Xanté said...

Heya,

I bought your book on the daily deal and it was fabulous, are you writing another?!?

KR
Lauren-Xanté